Do you love sweet potatoes? Are you looking for a new way to enjoy them? If so, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, I’ll be sharing an amazing sweet potato casserole recipe with pineapple and marshmallows.
This recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. It’s easy to make and the combination of sweet potatoes, pineapple, and marshmallows is simply divine. Plus, it’s a great way to dress up the classic sweet potato casserole.
So let’s get started. I’ll walk you through all of the steps for making this delicious sweet potato casserole recipe with pineapple and marshmallows.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you looking for the perfect sweet potato casserole recipe to add to your holiday feast? Look no further! This sweet potato casserole with pineapple and marshmallows is sure to be a hit. It’s an easy recipe that you can whip up in a few minutes, and it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
I love this recipe because it’s like a warm hug in a bowl. The sweet potato mixture is sweet and creamy, and the crushed pineapple and mini marshmallows add a delightful crunch and extra sweetness. Plus, it’s always a hit at holiday gatherings.
To make this delicious dish, you’ll need a large mixing bowl and a few other ingredients. First, you’ll need to mix together true yams, crushed pineapple, mini marshmallows, and a few other ingredients. Once everything is mixed together, you’ll pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake for about 20 minutes.
Once it’s finished baking, you’ll end up with a delicious and comforting casserole that’s perfect for any holiday feast. The sweet potatoes are creamy and flavorful, and the pineapple and marshmallows add a delightful crunch and added sweetness. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover sweet potatoes you may have.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy sweet potato casserole recipe to add to your holiday feast, then this sweet potato casserole with pineapple and marshmallows is the perfect option. You’ll love the warm and comforting flavors, and your guests will be sure to love it too.
The ingredient list for this sweet potato casserole recipe is simple yet sophisticated. All you need is a few fresh sweet potatoes, a potato masher, a large bowl, some maple syrup, orange juice, a little brown sugar, and some pumpkin pie spice. It’s a perfectly balanced mix of sweet and savory that will have your taste buds singing with delight.
Making this sweet potato casserole is truly a breeze. All of the ingredients are simple and easy to find, and the end result is an unbelievably delicious dish that will have your family and friends asking for seconds. So, don’t wait – get cooking and enjoy this sweet potato pineapple casserole!
The Recipe How-To
Now that you have all the ingredients, it’s time to get cooking! To start, you’ll need to preheat your oven to 350°F. Then, grab a large baking dish, and set it aside.
Next, fill a large kettle with water and bring it to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add the sweet potatoes and boil them until they are tender. Once they are soft enough to mash, drain the potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl.
Using a hand mixer, mash the sweet potatoes until they are smooth and creamy. Once the potatoes are mashed, it’s time to assemble the classic sweet potato casserole recipe. Start by adding the pineapple and marshmallows to the potatoes, and mix everything together.
Next, transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread it out evenly. Then, use a paring knife to create a lattice pattern on top of the casserole. This will help to give it a unique look and will make your sweet potato casserole the talk of the table.
Pop the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes. When the casserole is golden brown and bubbling, it’s ready to serve. Let your favorite sweet potato casserole cool for 10 minutes before serving, and enjoy!
Creating a classic sweet potato casserole recipe is easy and enjoyable. All you need is a large pot, a large baking dish, mashed sweet potatoes, a hand mixer, and your favorite ingredients. With a few simple steps, you’ll be able to make a delicious and unique sweet potato casserole that will be sure to be a hit at the dinner table.
Substitutions And Variations
This sweet potato casserole recipe is a classic, southern favorite. It’s the perfect side dish for any holiday dinner or a cozy, Sunday night dinner. It’s also a great dish to bring along to any family gathering, potluck, or party.
If you want to keep things traditional, then you can always switch out the pineapple and marshmallows for some chopped pecans and a sprinkle of brown sugar. This classic version of the recipe is sure to be a hit with the family. Or, if you want to give it a fun twist, try swapping out the pineapple for diced apples or bananas. Top it off with some extra marshmallows and you’ve got a real crowd pleaser.
If you’re short on time, you can make this dish in an Instant Pot. Simply add all the ingredients, set it to pressure cook, and let the Instant Pot do the work for you. This is a great way to get dinner on the table quickly, without sacrificing flavor or texture.
For those with a sweet tooth, the combination of pineapple, marshmallows, and sweet potatoes makes this recipe a real winner. It’s sweet and savory, without being too over the top. Plus, it’s pretty easy to make and always turns out delicious.
TIP: To make the perfect sweet potato casserole, be sure to use the freshest ingredients you can find. If the potatoes are looking a bit old, then it’s best to save them for another dish.
This sweet potato casserole recipe with pineapple and marshmallows is a favorite for Thanksgiving and other special occasions. Whether you stick with the classic version or mix it up with a few variations, this dish is sure to be a hit. So, give it a try for your next family gathering and you won’t be disappointed.
Storing And Freezing Suggestions
If you’ve just made a delicious batch of sweet potato casserole with pineapple and marshmallows, you may be wondering what the best way to store it is.
Well, I’m here to tell you that it’s actually quite simple. After you’ve finished baking the casserole in a casserole dish, let it cool for about an hour. Then, transfer the casserole to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. This will keep it fresh for up to four days.
If you want to store it for longer, then you’ll need to freeze it. To do this, let the casserole cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container. This will help to keep out any unwanted flavors or odors. When you’re ready to eat it, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight.
If you’re planning to serve the casserole at a holiday dinner or event, then you can make it ahead of time and freeze it. This will make it easier to transport the casserole, and it will also keep the top of the casserole from getting soggy. You can also make smaller batches of the sweet potato casserole and freeze them in individual containers. This is a great way to have a delicious side dish recipe ready to go for any holiday gathering or dinner.
Storing and freezing sweet potato casserole is an easy way to ensure that you always have a delicious and easy side dish recipe on hand for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. So the next time you make a batch, be sure to follow these simple tips to keep your casserole fresh and flavorful.
Chef Chloe’s Tips
Making sweet potato casserole with pineapple and marshmallows is a delicious and easy dish that’s great for any holiday table. But before you start prepping and baking, it’s important to know a few key tips to ensure your casserole turns out perfectly.
- When making a marshmallow-topped casserole, be sure to show unused marshmallows by greasing the 2-qt dish before adding the casserole mixture.
- When shopping for ingredients for your Thanksgiving dinner side dishes, consider visiting a specialty grocery store to find unique items such as true yams.
- To make a classic side dish, try a southern sweet potato casserole. This dish is a guiding star on any Thanksgiving table.
- To ensure that your casseroles are cooked to perfection, use the tip of a sharp knife to check the inside of the dish (*f. line). The white interior should be soft and tender.
- If you are cooking for a single person or a small group, consider using a crock pot to prepare your holiday dishes. This will save you time and energy in the kitchen.
- When baking a casserole, pay attention to the oven temperature. Keep it at the recommended temperature to ensure that the dish is cooked evenly.
- The best thing about Thanksgiving side dishes is that there are so many options to choose from. Some of our favorite Thanksgiving side dishes include green beans, stuffing, and cranberry sauce.
- To make sure your casserole dish is cooked to perfection, make sure the base of this casserole is cooked before adding marshmallows on the top and bake again.
By following these simple tips and tricks, you can ensure that your sweet potato casserole with pineapple and marshmallows comes out perfectly every time. Whether it’s for a special holiday meal or a weeknight dinner, this delicious dish is sure to be a hit.
This sweet potato casserole recipe with pineapple and marshmallows is a delicious twist on a classic dish. With a combination of sweet and savory flavors, this dish is sure to be a hit at any gathering. The sweetness from the pineapple and marshmallows is balanced out by the savory flavor of the sweet potatoes, resulting in a delicious and unique dish.
This dish is easy to make and can be prepped in advance for a stress-free meal. Perfect for a holiday gathering or just a cozy night in, this sweet potato casserole recipe with pineapple and marshmallows is sure to please.
For a tasty and unique twist on a classic dish, this sweet potato casserole recipe with pineapple and marshmallows is the perfect solution. Not only is it delicious, but it is also easy to make and sure to be a hit at any gathering. The combination of sweet potatoes, pineapple, and marshmallows creates a wonderful balance of sweet and savory flavors, and the crunchy topping of toasted pecans adds the perfect finishing touch. This dish is sure to be a crowd pleaser and a hit at any event!
Sweet Potato Pineapple Casserole Recipe
- Large pot
- Large bowl
- Baking dish
- Potato masher
- Hand mixer
- Casserole dish
- Paring knife
- Large baking sheet
- 4-5 fresh sweet potatoes
- 1 can 20 oz crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp little brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into small chunks. Boil them in salted water for 15-20 minutes, or until they are fork-tender. Drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Mash the sweet potatoes with a potato masher or hand mixer until smooth.
- Add in the crushed pineapple, maple syrup, orange juice, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well.
- Transfer the sweet potato mixture to a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Top with mini marshmallows and a sprinkle of brown sugar.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 30-45 minutes, or until the marshmallows are golden brown.
- For a crockpot version, transfer the sweet potato mixture to a greased crockpot and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- If you want to prepare the casserole in advance, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Before baking, remove the casserole from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.
- If you find the casserole too dry, add a little more orange juice or milk before baking.
- You can also poke holes in the top of the casserole before baking to allow excess liquid to escape.
Your Own Notes
Chloe is passionate about creating unique dishes that draw on the flavors of her favorite cultures. She loves experimenting with new ingredients and pushing the boundaries of traditional recipes. Her enthusiasm for cooking is infectious, and she is always eager to share her creations with friends and family.