Winter Warmer: Panera Bread Tomato Soup Recipe to Try at Home
As the cold winter months set in, there’s nothing better than a hot bowl of soup to warm you up! But why settle for the same old boring soup recipes when you can try something new?
Panera Bread Tomato Soup is a delicious and easy-to-make soup that is sure to be a hit with your family. I’ll show you how to make it with just a few simple ingredients and steps. So pull up a chair and join me as we dive into this winter warmer!
By the end of this article, you’ll have all the information you need to make a delicious bowl of Panera’s Bread Tomato Soup at home. So let’s get started!
Why You’ll Love This Panera Bread Tomato Soup Recipe
As the temperatures start to drop, there’s nothing quite like cozying up with a warm bowl of soup. This classic winter warmer is the perfect way to keep your family feeling warm and nourished. One of the most popular, and delicious, soups around is Panera Bread’s Creamy Tomato Basil Soup. With its creamy texture and unique flavor, it’s no wonder why this soup is a favorite among many.
This homemade tomato soup recipe is a great way to make a copycat version of Panera creamy tomato soup. It’s the perfect combination of fresh cream and tomatoes, with just a hint of basil. The best part is that it’s easy to make, and you can adjust the ingredients to suit your tastes. Whether you like your soup a little spicy or with extra cheese, you’ll be able to customize it to your liking.
This delicious soup is a great way to enjoy a comforting winter meal. Whether you’re looking for a quick lunch or a light dinner, this creamy tomato basil soup from Panera Bread is sure to hit the spot. You can also use this recipe to make a few extra batches and freeze them for later.
This Panera Bread soup recipe is an easy way to enjoy a classic favorite. With its creamy texture and unique flavor, you’ll love this delicious soup. It’s the perfect winter warmer, and can help to keep your family feeling nourished. So why not give it a try and enjoy a bowl of creamy tomato basil soup from the comfort of your own home?
Now that we’ve talked about why you’ll love this Panera Bread Tomato Soup recipe, let’s get into the ingredients you’ll need to make it. This tasty soup is a great way to warm up on a cold winter’s evening, and it’s also packed with delicious flavors that will make your taste buds dance.
If you’re ready to get started, here’s what you’ll need: fresh tomatoes, parmesan cheese, tomato paste, fresh basil leaves, black pepper focaccia croutons, vine ripened tomatoes, a large soup pot, yellow onion, coconut cream, and a bay leaf. You can also add some salt and pepper to taste, and it’s a good idea to have some extra focaccia croutons on hand for serving.
To give you an example of how this recipe comes together, I recently made it for a cozy winter dinner with friends. I started by heating up the large soup pot and adding in some olive oil. Once the oil was hot, I added in the onions and sautéed them until they were golden. Next, I added in the fresh tomatoes, tomato paste, coconut cream, and bay leaf, and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
Once the soup was finished, I stirred in the parmesan cheese and the fresh basil leaves. I also added a pinch of black pepper, and a few extra focaccia croutons to give it some texture. The soup was a hit, and it was the perfect way to end a cold winter evening with friends.
This Panera Bread Tomato Soup recipe is sure to be a hit in your home too. With its delicious flavor, creamy texture, and fresh ingredients, it’s sure to become a winter favorite. So gather up your ingredients, and let’s get cooking!
The Recipe How-To
This winter warmer is the perfect accompaniment to a cozy grilled cheese sandwich and is sure to hit the spot. Plus, it only requires a few simple ingredients, so you can enjoy a bowl of this comforting soup in no time.
Here’s how to make this delicious dish:
1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the main ingredients: two cups of chicken stock, one can of diced tomatoes, and one cup of heavy cream. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
3. Add a handful of fresh basil leaves, two tablespoons of corn starch, and two tablespoons of wheat flour. Stir until the soup thickens.
4. Once the soup has thickened, season with salt and pepper to taste.
And that’s it! You’ll have a bowl of creamy tomato basil soup that you can enjoy with a warm grilled cheese sandwich. With its simple ingredients and delicious flavor, this winter warmer is sure to hit the spot. So get to cooking and enjoy a bowl of Panera’s Creamy Tomato Basil Soup today!
Substitutions And Variations
Now that you know how to make Panera’s Creamy Tomato Basil Soup, it’s time to explore some of the substitutions and variations you can make to the recipe. If you’re looking to add a bit of a kick to your soup, why not try adding a pinch of red pepper flakes? If you have an immersion blender, you can use it to make the soup extra smooth and creamy. If you have leftovers, why not store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week?
You can also switch up the ingredients to make this soup your own. If you don’t have vegetable stock, you can substitute it for vegetable broth or even chicken broth. If you’d like a creamier soup, try substituting the milk for full fat coconut milk. If you’re a fan of spicy food, try adding a dash of hot sauce to the recipe.
Finally, you can use fresh herbs to add flavor to your soup. To do this, just add them to the pot with the tomatoes, onion, and garlic. If you don’t have any fresh herbs on hand, you can substitute with dried herbs.
Making Panera’s Bread Tomato Soup at home is a great way to keep warm during the winter months. With just a few simple substitutions and variations, you can make this soup your own. All you need is a large stockpot, a stove top, and some of your favorite ingredients. Now that you have the basic recipe, why not get creative and make this soup your own?
Storing And Freezing Suggestions
When it comes to winter warmers, it’s hard to beat a creamy tomato basil soup. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a delicious bowl of this Panera favorite in no time. And the best part? You can store and freeze it for later.
Did you know that Americans waste an estimated 38 million tons of food each year? Storing and freezing your leftovers is a great way to reduce food waste and make the most of your ingredients. Plus, it’s a great way to save time in the kitchen.
When it comes to storing and freezing your leftover soup, the options are endless. You can store it in a sealed container, or freeze it in a freezer bag. If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to store your soup, try pressure cooking it in a sealed container. This will help to lock in all the flavors and keep it safe for future meals.
If you’re looking to make a big batch of soup, you can freeze it in a dutch oven. This will help to preserve the flavors and keep it fresh for up to three months. Just remember to add some extra liquid when reheating, as the soup will thicken as it cools.
Whether you’re making a vegetarian soup, a gluten free version, or a classic creamy tomato bisque, the saute function on your pressure cooker is a great way to add flavor. This will help to give the soup a rich, savory flavor. And if you’re looking for a shortcut, you can always use canned tomatoes for a quick and easy meal.
Storing and freezing your soup is a great way to get the most out of your ingredients. With just a few simple steps, you can make this winter warmer last for days or even weeks. By taking the time to store and freeze your soup, you’ll be able to enjoy this Panera favorite all season long.
Chef Chloe’s Tips
Panera’s Creamy Tomato Basil Soup is a classic recipe that’s sure to please. With its velvety smooth flavor and its smooth texture, this soup is great for keeping you warm on those cold winter nights.
- Make this recipe your new favorite by experimenting with the main ingredient – tomatoes. Try using different varieties, such as cherry or heirloom, to change up the flavor.
- This recipe is a great base for your new favorite soup, so feel free to add your own twists to it. For example, try adding a can of drained and rinsed black beans for a heartier soup or swap the basil for your favorite herbs.
- Garlic cloves can add a lot of flavor to this recipe, so don’t be afraid to add more or less depending on your taste preferences.
- To make the soup a little thinner, add more stock or water. If you prefer a thicker soup, add a little bit of corn starch mixed with water.
- Serve this delicious soup with cheese sandwiches or croutons for the perfect comfort food combination.
- To prevent burning, make sure to stir the soup frequently and scrape the bottom of the pot to avoid sticking.
- Add some fancy ingredients like coconut milk or sour cream for a different texture and taste.
- Share your creation with your friends and family on social media and inspire them to try this recipe too.
- To make croutons, toss some bread cubes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread them out on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown.
- Let the soup cool down to room temperature before storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
- Avoid using artificial sources in this recipe and stick to natural ingredients for a healthier and tastier soup.
- As a next step, you can also try this recipe in your instant pot using saute function.
- If you are a big fan of creamy tomato soup, this recipe is a must-try. The good news is that it’s easy to make and tastes great.
- Add a dollop of sour cream before serving for an added creamy texture and tangy flavor.
- This recipe is a great option for those who are looking for a delicious and easy recipe that can be made with simple ingredients found at most grocery stores.
- This recipe is a classic and will definitely be a family favorite. Enjoy it for the first time or next time as it’s always a great way to warm up on a chilly day.
With its velvety smooth flavor and its smooth texture, this soup is sure to be a hit with your family. Whether you’re looking for a classic recipe or just a tasty way to warm up on a cold night, this soup is sure to be a family favorite.
When the cold winter nights come around, nothing is more comforting than a warm bowl of soup. Panera’s creamy tomato basil soup is the perfect dish to enjoy during the chillier months. With a few simple ingredients and minimal preparation, you can make this delicious soup from the comfort of your own home.
This soup recipe is a great way to add a little bit of warmth to your day. It’s also a healthier option than many other comfort food options, making it ideal for those looking to watch their calorie intake. With a few minor adaptations, such as adding more vegetables or reducing the cream, you can make this soup even healthier.
No matter your dietary preferences, Panera’s creamy tomato basil soup is sure to bring a little bit of comfort to your winter. It’s a delicious, easy-to-make meal any day of the week.
Panera Bread Tomato Soup
- Immersion blender
- Large soup pot or Dutch oven
- Stove top
- Food processor or blender
- Olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cans of chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 3 cups of fresh vine-ripened tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- 2 cups of heavy cream or full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups of chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves chopped (for garnish)
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the canned tomato paste and canned diced tomatoes. Stir well to combine.
- Add the chicken broth or vegetable broth, heavy cream or full fat coconut milk, and chicken stock or vegetable stock. Stir well to combine.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese, celery seed, and bay leaf. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and let it cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf from the soup and use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it’s smooth.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh chopped basil leaves.
- This recipe can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- If you prefer a thinner soup, you can add more chicken or vegetable broth to your desired consistency.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, you can use gluten-free flour to thicken the soup.
- This recipe is great paired with a grilled cheese sandwich or as a bread bowl.
- You can also make this recipe in Instant Pot by saute function and pressure cook for 10 minutes and quick release and blend it.
- You can also add some black beans for variation.
- You can also add some hot sauce or Italian herbs for more flavor.
Your Own Notes
Chloe is passionate about creating unique dishes that draw on the flavors of her favorite cultures. She loves experimenting with new ingredients and pushing the boundaries of traditional recipes. Her enthusiasm for cooking is infectious, and she is always eager to share her creations with friends and family.