Welcome to the sweetest recipe you’ve ever laid your eyes on – the Milky Way Pie Recipe. This dessert is a delicious blend of creamy, chocolatey sweetness that will leave your taste buds begging for more. Whether you’re trying to impress dinner guests, celebrate a special occasion or just satisfy your sweet tooth, this pie is sure to please.
As an articulative assistant for a professional chef, I can assure you that this recipe is a real treat. It’s perfect for anyone who loves the rich and indulgent taste of Milky Way candy bars. With this recipe, you will enjoy all the flavor of a Milky Way in every single bite.
Not only is this pie easy to make, but it’s also a great way to show off your baking skills without having to spend hours in the kitchen. The ingredients are simple and easy to find at your local grocery store. Plus, there are plenty of substitutions and variations you can try if you want to mix things up.
Are you ready to make your taste buds dance with joy? Then let’s get started on this incredible journey of sweetness with the Milky Way Pie Recipe.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Indulge in a luscious and decadent treat with Milky Way Pie that will tantalize your taste buds! If you have never tasted the Milkey Way Pie, now is the best time to try it. This recipe is rich, creamy, and oh so delicious. In this section, I will persuade you why you’ll love this recipe.
Firstly, Milky Way Pie is not your ordinary dessert; it’s a work of art. The pie filling is made with sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, and Milky Way Candy Bars that are chopped into small pieces. The creamy texture of the filling mixed with the irresistible chocolatey goodness of the candy makes for an unforgettable dessert eating experience.
Secondly, this pie is easy to make with a handful of ingredients. So even if you’re not a pastry chef by profession this recipe is perfect for anyone who wants to create something scrumptious but does not want to put in too much effort. Not only that, but it is also an excellent way to get rid of leftover Milky Way bars that might be lying around your pantry.
Thirdly, this recipe offers endless variations that are perfect for any occasion or event. You can use fun-size Milky Way bars instead of regular-sized ones to make bite-sized pies for game day or parties. Or you can add a layer of caramel sauce on top of the cheesecake filling for an extra layer of indulgence. No matter how you choose to make it or serve it, one thing is for sure- it will be a hit!
In conclusion, once you take your first bite of Milky Way Pie, there’ll be no turning back. You’ll fall in love with its velvety-smooth texture and the way it melts in your mouth with every bite. Trust me when I say that this recipe has all the makings of being one of your favorite desserts, so don’t hesitate to give it a try today!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to whip up this delicious Milky Way Pie recipe:
- 1 (9-inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 (8 oz) container Frozen Cool Whip, thawed
- ½ stick salted butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 Fun Size Milky Way Bars
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Brownie Pie Crust:
- 2 cups crumbled Milky Way Brownie or regular brownie mix
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk powder
For the Milky Way Pie Filling:
- 5 Milky Way candy bars, chopped into small pieces
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup milk powder
- ⅓ cup corn syrup
- ⅓ cup Skim Milk
- 1 teaspoon Artificial Flavor
Note: You can also use a combination of Milky Way and Snickers bars.
The Recipe How-To
Let’s get started with the Milky Way Pie Recipe. This recipe is perfect for any dessert lover who enjoys a gooey, caramel-chocolate combo with a slight crunch. It’s incredibly easy to make and requires minimal baking time.
Before anything else, let’s gather all the ingredients that we’ll need to create this rich and indulgent pie.
- 2 prepared graham cracker crusts
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 Milky Way candy bars, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp milk powder
Making the Pie
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat two eggs until frothy.
- To the beaten eggs, add the can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk and beat again until thoroughly combined.
- Add in one stick of melted unsalted butter and continue beating until smooth.
- Stir in the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and milk powder.
- Pour in the chopped Milky Way candy bars and mix to combine all ingredients evenly.
- Pour the mixture into a pie shell or into two prepared graham cracker crusts if you want more servings.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes then reduce to 350 degrees F and bake for another 20 minutes or until center is set.
- Let cool on a wire rack for at least an hour before serving.
Decorating the Pie
- Once it’s cooled down completely, spread a layer of Cool Whip over the top of your pie.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the whipped cream generously to add another layer of sweetness and flavor.
- Add Milky Way bars on top of the caramel sauce by thinly slicing them first (fun size works great!). Then sprinkle some nuts like almonds or crushed walnuts on top( optional).
- Another option is to use some whipped topping instead of Cool Whip and sprinkling chopped Milky Way Bars on top of it.
Now you have your very own Milky Way Pie ready to serve! This dessert goes perfectly with some vanilla ice cream or simply enjoy as it is – either way, it will be sure to satisfy your sweet cravings in one delicious bite.
Substitutions and Variations
Variety is the spice of life, and that’s especially true when it comes to Milky Way Pie. While the classic recipe is delicious, there are many ways to change it up and make it your own. Here are some substitutions and variations you can try:
– Crust: If you don’t have a pre-prepared graham cracker crust, you can easily make one by grinding up graham crackers in a food processor and mixing with melted butter and sugar. You can also use a chocolate or Oreo cookie crust for a different flavor profile.
– Filling: For a richer version of the pie filling, use cream cheese at room temperature instead of whipped topping. You can also add more Milky Way candy bars for an extra boost of chocolatey goodness.
– Topping: Instead of just whipped topping, try adding a layer of caramel sauce or a sprinkle of chopped nuts on top. This adds another dimension to the flavor profile and adds some texture too.
– Brownie Layer: For a unique twist on this recipe, try adding a brownie layer to the pie crust before pouring the Milky Way filling on top. This will give it an entirely new taste with added texture.
– No-bake Option: Feeling lazy? You can make this into a no-bake dessert by using a chocolate graham cracker crust and topping it with an easy Milky Way cheesecake mixture that doesn’t require any baking. Simply mix together cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, melted Milky Way candy bars, and whipped topping then spoon over the crust and chill.
With these substitutions and variations, the possibilities for this delicious dessert are endless! Get creative and make it your own signature dish for any occasion, whether it’s game day or simply as an impressive end note to any meal.
Serving and Pairing
Now that your Milky Way Pie is ready, it’s time to indulge in a slice of this scrumptious dessert. This pie is already a star on its own, but pairing it with the right beverage can enhance the flavors further.
For a classic pairing, pair this Milky Way Pie with a piping hot cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk. These beverages complement the sweetness of the pie and bring out its flavors.
If you want to add some excitement to your dessert course, try serving this Milky Way Pie with a scoop of your favorite ice cream. The creamy texture and cool temperature of the ice cream balance out the richness of the pie.
For wine aficionados, pair this milky way pie with an after-dinner drink like sherry or port. These fortified wines match the intensity of the pie and provide a perfect ending to a meal.
Alternatively, you can play around with different variations and toppings for your Milky Way Pie to create your unique twist on this classic dessert. Try drizzling caramel sauce over your slice or topping it off with whipped cream and chopped nuts.
The Milky Way Pie is versatile enough to be served on any occasion – from casual family dinners to formal gatherings. No matter how you serve it, this dessert is sure to impress and leave everyone wanting more.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
If you plan to make Milky Way Pie ahead of time, it is recommended to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Keep in mind that the Cool Whip may slightly deflate over time, but the overall taste and texture should still be delicious.
When reheating slices of Milky Way Pie, I recommend heating them for no more than 10-15 seconds in the microwave. This will help to retain the creamy consistency of the pie filling without making it too runny. Additionally, you can reheat slices in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes until heated through.
For those who prefer their pie chilled, simply remove it from the refrigerator and enjoy. If you’re in the mood for a frozen treat, try placing a slice of Milky Way Pie in the freezer for an hour or two until it firms up like an ice cream pie. This dessert is perfect for hot summer days when you need a cool and refreshing treat.
If you have leftover ingredients such as crushed Milky Way candy bars or Cool Whip, use them to top ice cream, pancakes or waffles. These versatile ingredients can easily elevate any dessert.
In conclusion, Milky Way Pie can be made ahead of time and stored safely in the fridge for a few days. When ready to eat, gently reheat slices in the microwave or oven.
Tips for Perfect Results
One of the things I love about Milky Way Pie is that it’s not only delicious but also very easy to make. However, there are a few tips that can make this pie even better.
First, use room temperature cream cheese when preparing the filling. This will ensure that your filling is smooth and creamy.
Second, when making the crust, be sure to press firmly so that it sticks together well. If the crust isn’t compact enough, it may crumble when cutting the pie.
Third, if you’re using store-bought Cool Whip instead of whipped cream, be sure to thaw it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before starting the recipe. This will prevent any lumps from forming in the whipped cream.
Fourth, if you want to add a layer of caramel sauce to your pie, drizzle it over the top and then use a knife or toothpick to swirl it into the filling.
Fifth, if you want to make an even more indulgent version of this pie, try adding a layer of Milky Way Brownie on the bottom instead of using a graham cracker crust.
Lastly, don’t forget to let your pie cool completely before slicing into it. This will ensure that each slice stays together and doesn’t fall apart when serving.
Follow these tips and enjoy a perfectly delicious Milky Way Pie every time!
Before we conclude, let’s take a moment to address some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about this Milky Way pie recipe. I understand that readers may have some concerns or confusion about certain ingredients or instructions. That’s why in this section, I will do my best to provide insightful answers and helpful tips that will ensure success for every baker trying out this recipe. So, let’s dive in and tackle the FAQs!
What are the ingredients in a Milky Way?
For this recipe, you will need some milk chocolate that is made up of sugar, cocoa butter, skim milk, chocolate, lactose, milkfat, soy lecithin, and artificial flavor. You will also need corn syrup, sugar, palm oil, skim milk, cocoa powder that is processed with alkali, barley malt extract, lactose, salt, egg whites, chocolate, and some additional artificial flavor.
What is nougat made of in a Milky Way?
This recipe involves creating a rich chocolate nougat that has a malt-based flavor. The main ingredients used to achieve this delicious treat are whipped egg whites, sugar, corn syrup, malted milk powder, and chocolate. This combination results in a delectable candy with a chewy texture and a mouthwatering taste.
What is the milk bar pie made of?
The filling for the irresistible Crack Pie is made by combining a mixture of brown and granulated sugars, along with milk and corn powder, butter, heavy cream, vanilla extract, kosher salt, and an abundance of egg yolks.
What do Patti Labelle put in her sweet potato pie?
For this recipe, you will need 2 and a half pounds of orange-fleshed sweet potatoes, which is approximately 5 medium-sized ones. Be sure to scrub them well but leave the skins on. You will also need half a cup of melted unsalted butter, a cup of granulated sugar, half a cup of evaporated milk, 2 large eggs, and a teaspoon each of freshly grated or ground nutmeg and ground cinnamon. Finally, add in a pinch of salt to bring out the flavor.
In conclusion, Milky Way Pie is a fantastic dessert option to consider adding to your repertoire of dessert recipes. With its deliciously creamy and indulgent filling and crumbly graham crust base, this pie is sure to impress any crowd. Best of all, it’s incredibly easy to make, requiring just a few simple ingredients that you likely already have on hand.
Whether you’re looking for something to make for a special occasion or simply want to indulge in something sweet and satisfying, Milky Way Pie should definitely be at the top of your list. With its perfect balance of sweetness and creaminess, it’s sure to become a family favorite in no time.
So why not give this delightful recipe a try today? I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Milky Way Pie Recipe
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (14 ounce) can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 6 Milky Way bars
- 1/2 cup salted butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 (13 ounce) carton Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 large prepared graham cracker crusts
- Beat both cream cheeses with sweetened condensed milk.
- Meanwhile, melt candy and butter/margarine in microwave until you can take a spoon and whip it until smooth. Stove top method works best! Use Medium-low heat to melt if using stove top.
- When candy/butter mixture is smooth and without lumps remove from heat and Quickly add to the cream cheese/milk mixture.
- When both mixtures have been mixed completely together add half the Cool Whip and fold inches.
- Pour into crusts and put rest of Cook Whip on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.