I welcome all food enthusiasts and dessert lovers to this recipe article on how to make a delicious Mango Mousse Pie. As a culinary assistant, I can proudly say that this particular recipe is one of my favorites, and it’s not hard to see why. This fluffy and light mango mousse pie is the perfect summer treat for any occasion. The tropical flavor of ripe mangoes combined with creamy whipped cream creates a symphony of flavors in your mouth that you will not forget.
Not only is it easy and quick to make, but Mango Mousse Pie is also perfect for those times when you want to impress your guests with something unique and exotic. So whether you’re hosting a summer barbeque or looking for a light dessert for a dinner party, this mango mousse pie recipe has got you covered.
In this article, I will share with you every detail of what you’ll need to get started with the recipe, tips and tricks for the perfect outcome, serving suggestions, storing recommendations, substitutions and variations to try out. So let’s get started on whipping up this delicious dessert that will have everyone craving for more.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Culinary enthusiasts and foodies, brace yourselves! I am excited to share with you this mango mousse pie recipe that will leave a lasting impression on your palate. There are many reasons why you will love this recipe, and I am confident that this dessert will become an instant hit at your next gathering.
Firstly, the mango mousse pie boasts a delicious tropical flavor that is hard to resist. The combination of fresh mangoes with a creamy whipped topping is nothing less than sublime. Each bite of the fluffy and light filling together with the crispy cookie crust will take you on a flavor journey to the tropics.
Another reason why this recipe stands out is its simplicity. It requires only a handful of ingredients that you can easily find in your local grocery store. There’s no need for complicated cooking preparations or equipment. This is perfect for those who want to create something exceptional without needing advanced culinary talent or tools.
This mango mousse pie recipe is also versatile as it can be served anytime, anywhere – whether it’s a casual get-together, dinner party, or even as a simple after-dinner treat. Furthermore, it brings summer vibes throughout the year, making it one of my all-time favorite sweet treats.
Lastly, this recipe comes with many personalization options which means you can tailor the recipe according to your preferences. You can substitute ingredients based on what’s available in your pantry or depending on your taste buds’ preferences.
In conclusion, this mango mousse pie recipe will undoubtedly make you fall in love with it from the very first bite. Its ease of preparation, scrumptious taste, versatility, and customizability make it a dessert that deserves a place in every kitchen cookbook.
Get Ready to Make the Most Delicious Mango Mousse Pie! Here’s a List of What You’ll Need:
For the Crust:
- 1 cup store-bought graham cracker cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Mango Mousse:
- 5 egg whites
- ½ cup water
- 1 packet (3 oz) unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups mango puree (made from fresh mangoes)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 14 oz condensed milk
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Slices of fresh mango
All of these ingredients are easy to find and will lead you to an oh-so-delicious mango mousse pie. Don’t hesitate and let’s get started!
The Recipe How-To
After gathering all the necessary ingredients mentioned in the previous section, it’s time to start baking this delicious mango mousse pie.
Step 1: Prepare the Crust
- Take 1 cup of graham cracker or 1 cookie crumbs and mix thoroughly with 2 tablespoons of sugar and a pinch of powdered ginger.
- Add melted butter to the mixture and combine until it’s moist enough to have a good hold when pressed.
- Press it down into a pie plate then refrigerate until it hardens.
Step 2: Bake the Mango
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Slice 2 mangoes into small cubes, place them on baking sheets and sprinkle generously with granulated sugar.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice on top of the mango slices.
- Bake for around 20 minutes, then let cool.
Step 3: Create Mango Mousse Filling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 5 egg whites until it becomes stiff peaks while gradually adding in 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Pour and whisk in cold water in a separate bowl then add in powdered unflavored gelatin and wait for it to soften.
- Pour boiling hot water over the softened gelatin afterward, continue stirring until it dissolves.
- Add one can of condensed milk into the gelatin mixture gradually, whisk continuously until thickened.
- Start pureeing previously baked and cooled mango slices by putting them inside a food processor or blender.
- Add pureed mango into the condensed milk-gelatin mixture.
- Put whipped cream on top of the mixture then fold everything together gently.
Step 4: Assemble your Mango Mousse Pie
- Take out your crust ready from the refrigerator then pour in mango mousse mixture carefully over it.
- Place back into the refrigerator, let chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
And there you go! Your very own homemade Mango Mousse Pie, simply delicious!
Substitutions and Variations
The beauty of cooking is that you can always make the recipe your own by substituting or adding ingredients that you love. Here are some substitutions and variations to try with this Delicious Mango Mousse Pie Recipe:
– For the crust: If graham crackers aren’t your thing, you can substitute them for any other type of cookie crumbs that you like. Think Oreos, ginger snaps, or vanilla wafers.
– For the filling: If mangoes are out of season or not available, you can use canned mango pulp instead. You can also use other fruits like bananas, peaches, or strawberries to make a different type of mousse pie.
– For the topping: The whipped cream topping can be substituted with coconut whipped cream or any other type of whipped cream that you prefer. You can also sprinkle shredded coconut or chopped nuts on top for added texture and flavor.
– No-bake version: If you don’t feel like baking the crust, you can buy a store-bought graham cracker crust instead. You can also make a completely no-bake version by using a premade pie crust and skipping the baking step altogether.
– Cheesecake twist: For a cheesecake twist on this recipe, add 8 oz of softened cream cheese to the mango mixture before folding in the whipped egg whites. This will give it a creamy, tangy flavor similar to a cheesecake.
– Chocolate mousse cake: To make a chocolate mousse cake using this recipe, substitute the mango puree with melted chocolate and add ¼ tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder to the whipped cream topping.
– Mango tart recipe: Rather than making a pie, try making a mango tart by using a pastry dough instead of the cookie crumbs for your crust.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to making variations of this delicious Mango Mousse Pie Recipe. So have fun experimenting with different fruit combinations and flavors to create desserts that are uniquely you!
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving and pairing this delicious mango mousse pie, the options are endless! Thanks to its fruity flavor profile, this pie is perfect for any summer occasion or outdoor gathering. You can serve it as the grand finale to your backyard barbeque or as a refreshing dessert after a big family meal.
For a more elegant presentation, I recommend topping your mango mousse pie with fresh mango slices or even some whipped cream to give it that extra boost of sweetness. This will add texture and visual appeal to your pie while also complementing its tropical flavors.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try serving your mango mousse pie with some coconut ice cream on the side. The creaminess of the ice cream pairs perfectly with the light and fluffy texture of the pie.
When it comes to drinks, I suggest pairing this delicious dessert with something light and refreshing like a sparkling water infused with lemon or lime slices. The effervescence of the bubbles will help cleanse your palate after each bite while enhancing the flavors of the mango mousse pie.
Overall, whatever way you choose to serve and pair this delectable dessert treat, one thing is for sure – it is sure to impress and delight all who taste it!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
When it comes to make-ahead and storage for this delicious mango mousse pie recipe, you’re in luck! This pie can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It’s a perfect dessert for a party or gathering that you’re hosting because you won’t have to worry about making it on the day of.
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge. However, keep in mind that the texture may change after being stored for an extended time period. You might also notice that the crust may become softer after refrigeration, but the taste should still be just as delicious.
When reheating this pie, I would recommend doing so in small pieces or slices rather than reheating the whole pie. You can heat up individual portions by microwaving them for no more than 10 seconds. Avoid overheating as it could turn the creamy mango mixture into a liquid mess.
Overall, this recipe is not only delicious but easy to make ahead and store for later too. So feel free to prepare this scrumptious mango mousse pie well ahead of time!
Tips for Perfect Results
When it comes to making a mango mousse pie, there are several tips and tricks that can help you achieve the perfect result. Here are some of my top tips:
Firstly, make sure the mangoes you use are ripe and full of flavor. The sweetness and vibrant color of the mangoes are what will really set your mango mousse pie apart. You can also add some lemon juice or a pinch of salt to bring out the flavor of the mangoes.
Next, be careful when adding the gelatin to the mixture. If it is not properly dissolved, it can create lumps and ruin the texture of your mousse. Mixing the unflavored gelatin with cold water before adding it to the hot mango mixture will ensure that the gelatin dissolves smoothly.
Another important thing to keep in mind is that your whipped cream should be properly whipped for both taste and consistency. Over-whipped cream can lead to a grainy texture, while under-whipped cream might not give enough structure to your mousse filling.
In terms of pie crusts, if you’re using a store-bought crust, make sure it has been baked or is ready to use before adding your filling. Alternatively, if you’re making your crust from scratch with cookie crumbs or graham crackers, try pressing the mixture firmly into the pan so it holds its shape well once baked.
Lastly, if you want to add some extra garnishes or toppings to your mango mousse pie, try using fresh sliced fruit or whipped cream swirls for a beautiful and decadent finish.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be well on your way to creating a delicious and impressive mango mousse pie that everyone will love.
As you prepare to make this delicious mango mousse pie, you may encounter some questions. Here are some frequently asked questions and their answers that will help you navigate the recipe with ease.
What is mango mousse made of?
In just two simple steps, you can create a delectable dessert that combines the deliciousness of freshly whipped cream with the sweet and tangy flavor of ripe mangoes. With the option to add texture with chopped mangoes, sweeten it to taste, use it as a topping, or add a tropical touch with toasted coconut, this mango mousse recipe is versatile and easy to make right from your own kitchen. Follow along to learn how to make this effortless yet impressive dessert.
What is mango pie made of?
Let’s start by preparing a tropical delight – a mango pie! Begin by mixing together a luscious blend of fresh mango, sugar, cornstarch, tangy lemon juice, and a hint of spicy cinnamon. Stir these ingredients until the sugar dissolves, infusing the mixture with a beautiful balance of sweetness and zest. Pour the mixture into a pie pan that has been prepped and ready for baking. Time to add some buttery goodness to the mix- small dabs of butter will make each bite even richer! Cover the mango mixture with a delectable top crust, carefully sealing the edges by pinching them together. Now, our beautiful mango pie is all set to be baked to perfection!
In conclusion, the delicious mango mousse pie recipe is a must-try for any dessert lover. With its perfect blend of sweet and tangy mango flavors and light, airy texture, this dessert is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. The recipe itself is also highly customizable, offering various substitution and variation options, making it a versatile recipe to have on hand for any occasion.
If you are looking to impress your friends and family next time you host a gathering or simply wanting to indulge in a delicious dessert, I highly recommend giving this mango mousse pie recipe a try. Not only is it easy to make with minimal ingredients, but its tropical flavor will transport you to a warm and sunny paradise.
So go ahead and give it a whirl! I guarantee that you will not regret making this delicious mango mousse pie recipe. Your taste buds will thank you for it!
Delicious Mango Mousse Pie Recipe
- 1 cookie crumbs pie crust (ready)
- 2 mangoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 5 egg whites
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Peal the mangos and separate the pulp. With a food processor or blender, make a puree with the pulp. You need 1 1/2 cup of mango puree. Put it aside.
- Using a fork, mix the water and the unflavored gelatin and let it settle a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix the yolks with the lemon juice and 1/4 cup of sugar. Stir constantly for about 4 minutes until it thickens and bubbles. It must not boil.
- Add the gelatin and stir 30 seconds more at medium heat. Place the mixture in a bowl and mix it with the mango puree and the ginger. Let it cool.
- Beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff. Add the remaining sugar (1/4 cup) and beat until it gets firm.
- Softly, mix the egg whites with the mango mixture.
- Fill the pie crust and refrigerate about 4 hours.
Your Own Notes
You’ll Love These Pie Recipes
Chloe is passionate about creating unique dishes that draw on the flavors of her favorite cultures. She loves experimenting with new ingredients and pushing the boundaries of traditional recipes. Her enthusiasm for cooking is infectious, and she is always eager to share her creations with friends and family.