The smell of freshly cooked pasta brings a sense of comfort and belonging to many people. It’s the aroma that wafts from the pot and fills the room with a warmth that says ‘home.’ Today, we’re going to show you how to create an Italian classic – chicken and bacon fettuccine carbonara – that will make your home feel like a cozy trattoria.
This creamy, comforting dish is made with simple ingredients that come together quickly for an easy weeknight meal or special occasion dinner. The salty bacon and savory chicken add flavor, the cream sauce coats the noodles perfectly, and Parmesan cheese brings it all together into a rich, delicious dish your family will love!
Ready to take your taste buds on a culinary journey? Let’s get cooking! Our chicken and bacon fettuccine carbonara has all the flavors of Italy without leaving your kitchen. Keep reading for step-by-step instructions on how to make this classic Italian favorite!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious, comforting Italian dish, then this chicken and bacon fettuccine carbonara is the recipe for you! This classic pasta dish is loaded with tender chicken breast, smoky bacon rashers, and a creamy sauce made of parmesan cheese. Plus, it couldn’t be easier to make! All you need is your favorite fettuccine pasta, black pepper for seasoning, a few garlic cloves, some egg mixture and plenty of brown onion.
The best part about this recipe is that it only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. The key to getting that perfect texture and flavor is to cook the pasta al dente in salted water with a bit of oil, so that it retains its shape and doesn’t get soggy when mixed with the egg mixture. Once cooked through, just mix all the ingredients together until everything is coated in the creamy sauce – voila!
This simple but tasty recipe will have your family members coming back for seconds. It’s creamy yet light enough that everyone can enjoy it without feeling too full afterwards. Plus you can add any other veggies or herbs you like to customize it even further! So give this chicken and bacon fettuccine carbonara recipe a try – you won’t regret it!
Picture this: a bowl of freshly cooked chicken and bacon fettuccine carbonara, with its tantalizing aroma of garlic, onions and cheese. You can almost taste it! That’s why you’ll love this recipe, but first you need the ingredients.
So let’s take a look at what we need for our delicious carbonara. Skinless chicken breast, cloves of garlic, cooked pasta (penne is great!), heavy cream, brown onion, a cup of pasta water, Italian cheese, fresh flat leaf parsley and some shortcut bacon rashers to top it off.
We’re definitely heading in the right direction – these ingredients will make the perfect carbonara! So grab your chopping board and get ready to cook up an amazing meal that your family and friends will love.
The Recipe How-To
Imagine the feeling of creating a delicious and comforting home-cooked Italian dish from scratch! It’s the perfect coincidence that this recipe for Chicken and Bacon Fettuccine Carbonara is so easy to make.
First, gather your ingredients: eggs, bacon, pasta, salt, garlic, cream, onion and parmesan cheese. Heat up some olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and add diced onions. Cook until softened then add cubed bacon pieces. Once cooked through add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Now it’s time for the pasta – cook your fettuccine according to packet instructions in salted boiling water.
Once the pasta is cooked, reserve a cup of cooking liquid then drain it and set aside. Back to the pan – pour cream into the bacon mixture and stir together over low heat before adding a mixture of eggs and parmesan cheese. Add reserved cooking liquid if needed to loosen the sauce before adding drained pasta. Toss together until all ingredients are combined before serving with extra grated parmesan cheese on top!
This creamy carbonara dish is sure to be a hit with family and friends – why not give it a try this weekend?
Substitutions And Variations
Cooking substitutions and variations are a great way to take your standard chicken and bacon fettuccine carbonara recipe up a notch. Whether you’re looking for something healthier, or just a change of pace, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are some ideas for substituting ingredients, plus some tasty add-ons:
• Replace the chicken breasts with lean shortcut bacon rashers for an extra-smoky flavor.
• Swap out the bacon pieces for g short cut bacon rashers if you want to make your own bacon fat.
• Add an optional tablespoon of chopped parsley and a teaspoon of salt to the cream mixture for more depth of flavor.
• Serve with Italian garlic bread for a hearty side dish.
To make these variations, you’ll need a non-stick frying pan and all the ingredients listed in the original recipe. Then, just follow the instructions as usual until it’s time to add the meat–that’s when you’ll incorporate your substitution or variation instead! With just a few simple tweaks, you can create an entirely new dish that your family will love. And who knows? You might even discover a brand new favorite dish.
Serve It Like A Restaurant
Experience the ultimate in restaurant-style presentation with this Chicken and Bacon Fettuccine Carbonara recipe. Plating technique is essential for creating a mouth-watering presentation, and this dish does not disappoint. The light cream sauce, combined with the robust flavor of bacon, is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
To finish off the presentation and make it truly restaurant-worthy, add garnishes like grated cheese or parsley to make it even more visually appealing. You can also experiment with decorative touches such as edible flowers or herbs to elevate the dish and ensure that everyone talks about it long after they’ve finished eating.
Serving this delicious Chicken and Bacon Fettuccine Carbonara with style will leave a lasting impression on your diners. With its professional presentation and added flair, this dish will soon become your go-to dinner option!
Pairing suggestions for a delicious chicken and bacon fettuccine carbonara recipe are simply out of this world! If you’re looking to recreate the restaurant experience, you’ve got to try these perfect pairings. From freshly-made pasta to flavorful sauce ingredients, these accompaniments will take your meal to the next level.
Here’s a list of what you need: • Chicken breast boneless • Fresh fettuccine pasta • Bacon pasta • Cup of pasta water • A splash of pasta water • Creamy carbonara or creamy mushroom pasta • Carbonara sauce ingredients like garlic and onion powder • 1 tablespoon of parsley for flavor and freshness.
Adding these items to your carbonara recipe is sure to give you a restaurant-quality dish. The flavors all work together perfectly to create a unique combination that will leave your taste buds wanting more. Plus, the parsley adds just enough color and texture to make your plate look as good as it tastes. With these pairings, you can now share a meal with family and friends that’s worthy of any five-star Italian restaurant.
Storing And Freezing Options
Storing and freezing options for chicken and bacon fettuccine carbonara is like a treasure chest of possibilities. It’s a family favorite that can be enjoyed time and time again. Whether you’re looking to store leftovers or freeze the dish for later use, here are some tips to make sure it stays fresh.
Airtight containers are great for storing leftovers in the fridge. Before you put the fat in the skillet, make sure you reserve about 1-2 oz of pasta so that it doesn’t get soggy after reheating. If you’re using tube pasta, such as penne, consider cutting it into smaller pieces before storage. If you have extra cheese mixture, store it separate from the pasta.
Freezing this dish is also an option if you want to enjoy it later on down the road! Make sure you cool all ingredients before mixing them together and transferring them into a freezer-safe pouch or container. When reheating frozen chicken and bacon fettuccine carbonara, add some diced onions to enhance flavor and avoid deep frying as this will steal away much of its deliciousness!
Ultimately, having these storage and freezing options allow us to savor our favorite moments with this delicious chicken and bacon fettuccine carbonara time and time again – no matter what season we find ourselves in!
Chef Chloe’s Tips
Making a creamy pasta dish like carbonara is a lot like creating a beautiful piece of art. It requires just the right amount of ingredients and timing to get it perfect. Here are some tips to make sure your chicken and bacon fettuccine carbonara comes out tasting great.
- Plate food in an attractive manner, using different heights, textures, and colors to create visual interest.
- Pay attention to the temperature of the food. Hot dishes should be served hot and cold dishes should be served cold.
- Use the right utensils to serve the dish. For example, a slotted spoon for pasta dishes and a sauce ladle for soups and sauces.
- Experiment with simple garnishes such as fresh herbs, a drizzle of oil, or a sprinkle of grated cheese to add flavor and visual appeal to the dish.
- Consider serving the dish on a heated platter to keep the food warm and maintain its temperature.
- Add an extra touch of flair by using decorative serving pieces, such as a beautiful platter or a unique sauce boat.
- Use good quality ingredients to enhance the flavor of the dish.
- Experiment with the plating technique to find the best way to showcase the dish.
- Pay attention to the portion size and presentation of the dish. The dish should look appealing and appetizing to encourage guests to dig in.
- Have fun and let your personality shine through in your presentation style. You are the chef and the presentation of your dish should reflect your own unique style and creativity.
When it comes to making a delicious chicken and bacon fettuccine carbonara, there are a few things you should consider. The type of pasta you use is important – make sure you get something like fettuccine or linguini. If you’re vegetarian or gluten-free, this recipe can easily be adapted to suit your needs. You can also add in some additional ingredients – like onion and garlic – to give the sauce a bit more flavor. And if you want an even richer sauce, then cream can be used in place of milk.
Making this recipe is like embarking on an adventure – one that will take me through a range of flavors and textures. I’m excited to see where this journey takes me as I create each layer of the carbonara with care and precision. It’s my chance to explore new combinations and find out what works best for me. With each bite, I’m discovering something new about myself as well as the dish itself.
Ultimately, my goal is to create a carbonara that is both flavorful and fulfilling; one that will have all my friends asking for seconds! By taking the time to choose the right ingredients, I know that I’ll be able to craft something truly special…something that will leave us feeling satisfied not just with dinner but with life itself!
Chicken and Bacon Fettuccine Carbonara Recipe
- large pot for boiling pasta
- large saucepan for making the sauce
- large skillet for cooking the chicken and bacon
- large bowl for whisking the egg mixture
- colander for draining the pasta
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets seasoned with salt and pepper
- 8 slices of bacon diced
- 1 brown onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs whisked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves chopped (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions in a large pot of boiling water. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining.
- In a large skillet, heat some oil over medium heat and cook the chicken breasts until browned and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Set aside and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- In the same skillet, cook the bacon until crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat and add the onion, garlic, and black pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onion is soft.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, parmesan cheese, and a splash of pasta water.
- Add the cooked pasta to the saucepan with the cream mixture and toss until the pasta is coated. Gradually add the egg and cheese mixture, tossing constantly to prevent the eggs from scrambling. If the sauce is too thick, add a bit of pasta water.
- Add the chicken and bacon to the pasta and mix well.
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh parsley and extra parmesan cheese, if desired.
- If you prefer a creamier sauce, you can add some sour cream to the cream mixture.
- This dish can be made with other types of pasta, such as penne or a pasta of your choice.
- For a gluten-free option, you can use gluten-free brown rice fettuccine.
- If you want to reduce the carbs, you can serve the carbonara sauce over cauliflower rice instead of pasta.
Your Own Notes
Chloe is passionate about creating unique dishes that draw on the flavors of her favorite cultures. She loves experimenting with new ingredients and pushing the boundaries of traditional recipes. Her enthusiasm for cooking is infectious, and she is always eager to share her creations with friends and family.