Savor the Sweetness: Blueberry Banana Pie Recipe
Blueberry Banana Pie Recipe: A Mouth-Watering Treat for Your Taste Buds
Do you have a sweet tooth? If yes, then this recipe will satisfy your dessert cravings! Whether you are having a party, a romantic dinner or simply want to indulge in something delicious, my Blueberry Banana Pie Recipe is the answer.
The combination of fresh blueberries and sliced bananas results in a vibrant filling with a lovely balance of tartness and sweetness. The creamy cream cheese mixture adds an extra layer of comfort and richness that will make you crave for more.
But don’t let the complex taste fool you; this recipe is quite simple to put together. You can bake the pie in less than an hour, and enjoy it whenever you want. Plus, the recipe is versatile, and you can modify it according to your preferences.
So, if you want to impress your guests or enjoy a delightful treat by yourself, disregard all other recipes you have tried before because this blueberry banana pie recipe will win your heart!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you a fan of blueberries and bananas? If so, then you’re in for an absolute treat with this Blueberry Banana pie recipe. Trust me when I say that this dessert is worth rolling up your sleeves and getting a little messy in the kitchen.
What’s not to love about the combination of sweet blueberries and perfectly ripe bananas mixed with tangy cream cheese and a flaky pie crust? This recipe hits all of the right notes when it comes to textures and flavors. The cream cheese adds a luscious richness that pairs perfectly with the sweet fruit filling.
Plus, this Blueberry Banana pie recipe is incredibly versatile. It can be enjoyed as a dessert after dinner, but it also makes for an excellent brunch or tea-time treat. It’s an easy dessert recipe to make ahead of time, whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting guests at your house.
So why should you love this Blueberry Banana pie? It’s a truly delicious and simple recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth while still offering some nutritional benefits thanks to the fruit. Nothing beats serving up a slice of homemade pie, especially when it’s bursting with flavor like this one.
In order to make this delicious Blueberry Banana Pie, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of Graham Cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 can (14 oz) of condensed milk
- 8 oz of whipped topping
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 envelope Dream Whip® (found in the baking aisle)
- 1 can (21 oz) blueberry pie filling
Whipped Cream Topping:
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
Make sure to have all these ingredients ready before getting started with the recipe.
The Recipe How-To
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Graham Cracker Crust:
- Mix 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Stir in 6 tablespoons of melted butter and press mixture firmly into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Banana Cream Cheese Filling:
- Beat 8 ounces of cream cheese that is softened at room temperature until it’s fluffy.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and continue beating until well combined.
- Fold in 3 sliced bananas.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the cooled graham cracker crust.
Blueberry Banana Cream Pie:
- Pour 1 can (21 ounces) of blueberry pie filling over the banana cream cheese filling.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until the filling easily moves when you shake the pie plate gently.
- Let cool completely before placing it in the refrigerator for at least an hour to set.
- In a large bowl, gently beat one envelope of whipped topping mix with cold milk following package directions.
- add a tablespoon of sugar and constantly beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread whipped topping over cooled pie filling.
Garnish with fresh blueberries or canned cherries on top of the whipped cream.
Substitutions and Variations
The great thing about this blueberry banana pie recipe is that it’s easy to customize according to your preferences. Here are some possible substitutions and variations that you can try:
– Crust: While the graham cracker crust complements the fruity filling well, you can also use a pre-made pie shell or a different type of crust such as shortbread, vanilla wafer, or Oreo cookie.
– Filling: If you don’t have blueberry pie filling, you can substitute it with other fruit fillings such as cherry, raspberry, strawberry, or mixed berries. If you want to make it from scratch, simply cook fresh or frozen blueberries with sugar and cornstarch until thickened.
– Cream cheese: If you prefer a less tangy flavor, you can swap cream cheese for mascarpone cheese or whipped cream cheese. You could also try using cottage cheese blended until smooth if looking for a different texture.
– Bananas: You can adjust the amount of bananas to your liking. If you don’t like them too ripe and mushy, use firmer bananas or reduce the quantity. Alternatively, you could add other fruits such as sliced peaches or diced apples for extra texture and sweetness.
– Whipped topping: Instead of using store-bought whipped topping like Dream Whip®, you could substitute it with stabilized whipped cream(whipping cream + cornstarch) or homemade whipped cream (heavy whipping cream + sugar).
– Sweetness level: You could adjust the amount of sugar in the recipe to suit your preferred level of sweetness. For those who find cream cheese pies too sweet, decreasing the added sugar amount will help.
Remember that experimentation is key when cooking- so be fearless and customized according to what ingredients you have already at home!
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving and pairing this delicious blueberry banana pie, there are many options that will take its taste to the next level.
First and foremost, serve this heavenly dessert cold, as the flavors will meld together perfectly. A dollop of freshly whipped heavy cream or vanilla ice cream on top will add an extra layer of decadence.
For a more elegant presentation, garnish each slice with a few fresh blueberries or banana slices. You can also drizzle a little bit of melted dark chocolate over the top for an indulgent treat.
This blueberry banana pie goes well with a cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate in the winter months. Alternatively, it pairs well with a glass of milk or a cold glass of lemonade in the summer.
Finally, you can make an eye-catching dessert spread by serving this pie alongside other cream pies like coconut cream or banana cream. These combinations make for a beautifully themed dessert buffet that your guests won’t be able to resist.
Overall, serving and pairing this blueberry banana cream cheese pie is all about creating a sensory experience through appealing presentation and complementary tastes.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
It’s always nice to have the option of preparing a dish in advance, and this blueberry banana pie recipe is no exception. Luckily, this pie can be made ahead of time and still taste fresh and delicious when it’s served.
To make the process a little easier, I recommend preparing the crust and pie filling separately. Allow both to cool completely before assembling and adding the whipped topping. Once it’s fully assembled, the pie should be stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
If you have any leftovers (although it’s unlikely there will be any!), you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. It’s important to note that the longer the pie sits in the refrigerator, the softer the crust may become due to the moisture from the fruit filling.
When reheating individual slices, I suggest placing them on a plate and heating them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Alternatively, if you prefer a warm slice of pie with slightly crispy crust, you can reheat it in the oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes.
Overall, making this blueberry banana pie ahead of time and storing it properly is an easy way to save time without compromising its quality or taste.
Tips for Perfect Results
To make a perfect Blueberry Banana Pie, attention to detail is crucial. Here are some tips to help you achieve a delicious outcome that will satisfy your tastebuds:
1. Soften your cream cheese properly: Softening cream cheese before use helps it blend smoothly, giving the pie a velvety texture. Leave your cream cheese at room temperature for an hour, or microwave it in ten-second intervals until soft. Resist the urge to melt it completely as this alters the consistency of the pie.
2. Chill the filling before topping with whipped cream: Letting the pie chill for at least two hours before adding whipped cream prevents its melting and making a mess.
3. Use ripe bananas and blueberries: Bananas develop natural sweetness as they ripen, while ripe blueberries have more juice, resulting in a softer pie filling with better flavor.
4. Don’t overload your crust: Overloading the crust with filling leads to a soggy bottom crust that will ruin your pie. Stick to the ingredient measurements provided.
5. Whip your cream stiffly: Stiffly whipped cream holds its shape better on top of the pie and looks visually appealing.
6. Use heavy whipping cream: Using heavy whipping cream rather than regular cream or half-and-half gives you stiffer whipped cream and more satisfying flavor, adding richness to the dessert.
By following these tips, you will make an outstanding Blueberry Banana Pie that will make your taste buds sing with joy!
In conclusion, this blueberry banana pie recipe is a sure winner for any dessert lover. It has a perfect balance of sweetness from the blueberries and bananas and creaminess from the cream cheese. It’s a great way to enjoy your fruits in a dessert form that can serve as an icebox dessert or as the perfect end to your summer meal.
With easily accessible ingredients and simple steps to follow, anyone can make this easy blueberry banana cream cheese pie recipe. The great thing about this recipe is that you can switch up some of the ingredients to make it your own, whether it be adding some fresh cherries or substituting a graham cracker crust for pastry shells.
So go ahead and give this blueberry banana pie recipe a try. Your taste buds will thank you, and your guests will be impressed. It’s a dessert that’s easy to make but packed with deliciousness that everyone will love. Trust me; you won’t regret it!
Blueberry Banana Pie Recipe
- 1 pie crust
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup blueberry pie filling
- 1 (2 5/8 ounce) envelope Dream Whip
- 2 -3 bananas
- Bake pie crust.
- Slice bananas and fill bottom of pie shell and set aside.
- Combine sugar and cream cheese with fork until blended and set aside.(It’s easier to mix when the cream cheese has been softened at room temperature.)
- Prepare 1 envelope of Dream Whip according to package directions.
- Combine the cream cheese/sugar mixture with the Dream Whip mixture and then top banana filled pie shell with it.
- Now top center of pie with the blueberry pie filling.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to eat.
Your Own Notes
Recommended by Chef CHLOE
These recipes have been carefully chosen by me so you can be sure they are top-notch. Make sure to try them out and enjoy the delicious flavors that come with them. You won’t be disappointed!
Delicious Ebi Chili Recipe for Seafood Lovers
Delicious Duck Gizzard Confit Recipe for Food Lovers
Delightful Bananas Foster Bread Pudding Recipe
Delicious Crock Pot Greens and Chicken Recipe You’ll Love
Irresistible Colonial Gingerbread Recipe With A Twist
Delicious Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe for Comfort Food Lovers
Enjoy a Delicious Chicken Taco Casserole That’s Easy to Make
Delicious Chicken Minestrone Soup Recipe for Fall
Melt Your Heart: Cheesy Chicken Noodle Skillet Recipe
Challah Shabbat/Shabbos Bread Recipe Recipe
Campbell’s Creamy Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Cajun Ham and Grits Pie [with Vegetarian Adaptation] Recipe
Decadent Bohemian Pastry Recipe: Perfect for Brunch!
Mouth-watering Bisquick Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Barbecue Turkey Meatloaf – the Neelys Recipe
Indulge in the Decadent Delight of an Amazing Coconut Pie
The Ultimate Comfort Food: Crustless Pecan Pie
Delicious Almond Swedish Brownies for a Sweet Tooth
15-Minute Chicken Gumbo (4 Ww Points) Recipe
Chloe is passionate about creating unique dishes that draw on the flavors of her favorite cultures. She loves experimenting with new ingredients and pushing the boundaries of traditional recipes. Her enthusiasm for cooking is infectious, and she is always eager to share her creations with friends and family.