Welcome to my delicious banana bread pancake recipe! If you are a pancake lover, then you must give this recipe a try. This mouthwatering recipe will take your pancake experience to the next level by adding the flavors and texture of banana bread. Trust me, once you have made these pancakes, you’ll never want to go back to the plain old pancake mix.
The combination of ripe bananas and ground cinnamon in this recipe creates a warm and comforting aroma that will fill your kitchen as you cook. These pancakes are a perfect breakfast treat for any day of the week, whether you’re in the mood for something sweet or just want to indulge yourself on a lazy Sunday morning.
In this article, I will walk you through each step of the recipe and provide tips and recommendations to help ensure that your pancakes turn out perfectly every time. So gather your ingredients, preheat your griddle, and let’s make some delicious banana bread pancakes!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Who doesn’t love the rich and delicious taste of banana bread? Now, what if we told you that you could have that incredible flavor in pancake form? Enter our Banana Bread Pancakes Recipe – a perfect blend of mouth-watering banana bread and fluffy pancakes.
This recipe is a must-try for all breakfast lovers! The combination of ripe bananas with ingredients like pecans, granulated sugar, and ground cinnamon make these pancakes incredibly flavorful and satisfying. They’re also incredibly easy to make, taking less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
But here’s the best part – these pancakes are not just delicious, but they’re also healthy! Made with whole wheat flour and almond flour, they’re packed with essential nutrients while remaining low in sugars and fats. Whether you’re watching your diet or feeding your family with wholesome meals, this recipe is perfect for anyone looking for something that’s both tasty and nutritious.
So what are you waiting for? Get ready to indulge in one of the most delightful breakfast dishes ever – our Banana Bread Pancakes Recipe. It’s sure to satisfy your cravings while giving your body the nourishment it needs.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups Bisquick pancake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
For a healthier option, you can make banana bread pancakes with whole wheat flour or almond flour. Consider adding dark chocolate chips or chopped pecans for extra flavor and texture.
Regardless of the choice you make, here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour or almond flour
- ¼ cup oatmeal
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Note: This recipe can easily be made vegan by using a flax egg instead of a regular egg and non-dairy milk in place of regular milk.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we know why we’ll love this recipe, let’s get started with the banana bread pancakes.
– 2 cups of all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons of baking powder
– 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
– ½ teaspoon of salt
– ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
– 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar
– 2 cups of milk
– 2 eggs
– 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Begin by whisking together in a large bowl the flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk the sugar, milk, eggs, and mashed bananas combine well.
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients until they are just combined.
- On medium heat, heat up a large skillet or griddle.
- Lightly coat the skillet using butter or oil. Pour half a cup of batter for each pancake onto the heated skillet.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface and edges are dry. Flip over and cook for another minute until browned.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings such as chopped pecans, sliced bananas or whipped cream.
This pancake recipe is easy to follow and savor-worthy! The combination of banana bread and fluffy pancakes will definitely wake up your taste buds in no time!
Substitutions and Variations
One of the beauties of cooking is the ability to experiment with ingredients and flavors to create unique, personalized dishes. This banana bread pancake recipe is no exception. Here are some substitutions and variations that you can try to put your own spin on this classic breakfast treat.
– Whole Wheat Banana Bread Pancakes: For a healthier twist, substitute some or all of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat flour. Whole wheat flour contains more fiber and nutrients but can make pancakes dense if used in large amounts. A good ratio is 1 cup all-purpose flour to 1 cup whole wheat flour.
– Banana Nut Pancakes: Add some crunch to your pancakes by adding chopped pecans or walnuts into the batter. You can also sprinkle them on top of the pancakes before serving.
– Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Pancakes: If you want a decadent treat, add chocolate chips into the batter for a touch of sweetness.
– Vegan Banana Bread Pancakes: Replace eggs with mashed ripe bananas, applesauce, pureed tofu or store-bought egg replacers to create vegan pancakes.
– Buckwheat Banana Pancakes: Buckwheat flour adds a rich nutty flavor and texture that complements the natural sweetness of bananas superbly.
– Almond Flour Banana Pancakes: Almond flour pancakes are gluten-free and have a delicate, nutty flavor that adds a unique taste to breakfast dishes.
To add extra flavor and zest to your banana pancakes, use spices such as nutmeg or cloves instead of, or in addition to cinnamon. Drizzle maple syrup or honey on top of your pancakes for an extra dose of sweetness. The possibilities are endless!
Serving and Pairing
These banana bread pancakes are best served piping hot and straight from the griddle. The fluffy texture of the pancakes is complemented by the moistness and sweetness of the banana flavor throughout each bite.
To kick things up a notch, I recommend drizzling warm maple syrup over the top of these pancakes before digging in; our Southern neighbors know how to do it right! For an additional nutty crunch, sprinkle chopped pecans on top of your stack of pancakes to add extra texture and flavor.
For a more wholesome—and equally delicious—option, try topping these pancakes with fresh slices of banana, and perhaps a dollop of Greek yogurt or whipped cream. A sprinkling of cinnamon or ground nutmeg over the top will add a hint of warming spice to balance out the other flavors on your plate.
Serve these decadent, yet healthy, banana bread pancakes alongside a side of crispy bacon—sweet and savory is always a winning combination—or keep it light with some sliced fruit on the side, like berries or pineapple. No matter what combination you choose, you can’t go wrong with this breakfast treat!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
These banana bread pancakes can be made ahead of time and stored for later, making it a perfect recipe choice for brunch. To make sure that your pancakes stay fresh and delicious, it is best to store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
To reheat the pancakes, simply pop them in the toaster or microwave for a few seconds, until they are heated through. You can also heat them up on a skillet with a bit of butter for a crispier texture.
If you want to make these pancakes ahead of time without cooking them, you can prepare the batter and store it in the fridge for up to two days. This way, you can have fresh pancakes in no time. Just remember to give the batter a good stir before cooking.
Another tip is to freeze cooked pancakes for longer storage. Simply wrap each pancake individually in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container or bag. Store them for up to three months and reheat as desired.
These pancakes are also great for meal prep. Make a batch on Sunday and enjoy them throughout the week for quick and easy breakfasts. They are perfect for busy mornings and will help you start your day off right.
Tips for Perfect Results
One essential tip for making perfect Banana Bread Pancakes is to ensure that the batter is not overmixed. You want fluffy pancakes, not tough ones. So, mix the batter until it’s just combined, and you’re good to go.
Another helpful tip is that if you’re using frozen bananas, allow them to thaw first before mashing them. Mashing unthawed bananas can be tricky as they tend to clump together rather than mash up evenly, which can affect the texture of your pancakes.
It’s also essential to maintain the right temperature while cooking your pancakes. If you’re cooking on a stove, preheat the griddle or pan over medium heat and let it heat up completely before adding the batter. Cooking on too low heat makes for undercooked and soggy pancakes, while high heat will scorch them.
If you want banana bread pancakes with added crunch and texture, consider adding chopped pecans to your pancake batter. You can also sprinkle some crushed pecans on top of the batter once you’ve poured it onto the pan – this will give you crispy edges and a unique nutty flavor.
Lastly, once the pancakes are cooked, don’t be tempted to serve them immediately. Allow them to rest for about two minutes before serving. This resting time helps settle any steam in the pancake and allows it to reach its maximum fluffiness and texture.
By following these tips and techniques, you should have no problem making a stellar batch of Banana Bread Pancakes that is sure to impress everyone at your breakfast table
In conclusion, banana bread pancakes recipe is simply irresistible. The sweet aroma of freshly baked banana bread combined with the fluffy texture of pancakes is a perfect way to start your day. Not only is this recipe delicious, but it’s also highly customizable to suit different preferences and dietary restrictions.
From vegan to gluten-free to keto-friendly substitutions, you can personalize your banana bread pancakes to your liking. Plus, by substituting some ingredients for healthier options like whole wheat flour and almond flour, you can make this already delectable breakfast option even healthier.
With its versatility and scrumptious taste, you can serve these pancakes for any occasion- brunch with friends or a cozy weekend breakfast at home. So go ahead and give this recipe a try; trust me, you’ll love it!
Banana Bread Pancakes Recipe
- 2 medium firm-ripe bananas, peeled, sliced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups aunt jemima complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup aunt jemima syrup, warmed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Combine sliced bananas and sugar in small bowl;set aside.
- Combine pancake mix,water,mashed bananas and cinnamon in medium bowl;stir with wire whisk until large lumps disappear.
- For each pancake,pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot lightly greased griddle;top with 3 to 4 banana slices. Turn when bottoms are golden brown.
- Serve topped with warm aunt jemima syrup and pecans.
Your Own Notes
Recommended by Chef CHLOE
These recipes have been carefully chosen by me so you can be sure they are top-notch. Make sure to try them out and enjoy the delicious flavors that come with them. You won’t be disappointed!
Chloe is passionate about creating unique dishes that draw on the flavors of her favorite cultures. She loves experimenting with new ingredients and pushing the boundaries of traditional recipes. Her enthusiasm for cooking is infectious, and she is always eager to share her creations with friends and family.